Can’t travel to our seminars?
Check out VMA’s Valve BASICS
Online Training program! CLICK HERE »
» VIEW THE PROGRAM (This program is from the April event in Kansas City, and is posted here for information only; new brochure for Las Vegas is coming soon)
» VIEW THE EXHIBITOR PROSPECTUS
(This prospectus is from the April event in Kansas City, and is posted here for
information only; new prospectus for Las Vegas is coming soon)
S c h e d u l e
thursday, oct. 30
7:30 – 8:30 am
Registration / Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 10:00 am
Lesson 1: Introduction to the Industry
Lesson 2: Multi-turn Valves
10:00 – 10:15 am
10:15 – 11:45 am
Lesson 3: Check Valves
Lesson 4: Quarter-turn Valves
11:45 am – 1:15 pm
Lunch / Exhibits Open
1:15 – 2:30 pm
Lesson 5: Pressure-relief Valves
Lesson 6: Actuators—Hydraulic & Pneumatic
2:30 – 3:00 pm
Snack Break / Exhibits Open
3:30 – 5:00 pm
Lesson 6 (continued)
Lesson 7: Actuators—Electric
4:30 – 5:30 pm
Reception / Exhibits Open
friday, oct. 31
8:00 - 8:30 am
8:30 – 9:00 am
Lesson 8: Solenoid Valve
9:00 – 10:00 am
Lesson 9: Actuator Accessories
10:00 – 10:15 am
Morning Beverage Break
10:15 – 11:30 am
Lesson 10: Control Valves
11:30 am – 12:30 pm
12:30 – 4:00 pm
(includes 2 breaks)
Lesson 11: Hands-on Instruction at
the "Valve Petting Zoo”
Conclusion / Certificates Awarded
registration for the las vegas event will open in june 2014
oct. 30-31, 2014
Valve Basics Seminar & Exhibits
VALVES, ACTUATORS & CONTROLS 101
planet hollywood, las vegas
About the Program
Nearly 1,000 people have already attended VMA's Valve Basics Seminars featuring our Valves & Actuators 101 course, and it continues to draw rave reviews. And now, our format has been expanded to 2 full days, with the addition of two new lessons—Solenoids & Limit Switches, and Actuator Accessories—along with our always popular "Valve Petting Zoo,” which provides a hands-on experience with the products covered during the course.
Who Should Attend?
This course was created specifically for newcomers to the industry so it is ideally suited for recent graduates and engineers in the early stages of their careers. The course also works well for:
- A variety of professionals employed at plants and facilities that use valves, actuators and controls
- More experienced professionals with knowledge of one specific product type but in need of an overview of the entire spectrum of valves, actuators and controls.
- New employees at valve, actuator and control companies
- Personnel from EPC or AEC firms who are involved with specifying valves
- Distributors and manufacturers' reps who sell these products
- Companies that provide supplies and services to the industry
- And anyone who could use a refresher course on valves, actuators and controls!
The Valves, Actuators & Controls 101 course has also been well-received by upper-level mechanical engineering students who have attended previous seminars. Their participation is made possible by scholarships from our educational foundation, the Friends of the Crawford Library, and we have set aside 10 slots at each seminar to help educate the next generation about the world of valves.
WHO SHOULD EXHIBIT?
U.S. or Canadian companies that sell or provide services to valve manufacturers and/or end users.
Attendee registration is open to all in the industry. Registration is $700 for the first registration and $670 for any additional registrations from the same company. This fee covers continental breakfast and lunch both days, snack breaks and a late afternoon reception on Thurs., Oct. 30. Attendees also receive a manual, CD and earn a VMA Certificate of Completion for 12 education credits.
Exhibitor registration is $525 for VMA/VRC Members and $625 for non-members. The exhibit registration fee covers your table, attendee list, lunch, afternoon break and reception attendance, for two company representatives. It takes place during the afternoon hours on Thurs., Oct. 30. If you wish to register your representatives to attend the Valve Basics Seminar, you will receive a discount of $100 off the current attendee price.
The event will be held at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Check back in June for rates and reservation information.
Registration Cancellation Policies
- Cancellations received up to 30 days before the event are refundable, minus a 5% registration service charge.
- Cancellations received between 15 and 29 days before the event are 75% refundable.
- Due to hotel and other event guarantees, cancellations received between 0 and 14 days prior to the event the day are non-refundable. This amount may be used toward a future meeting within 12 months.
All cancellations must be in writing to email@example.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
About registration: Email or call Malena Malone-Blevins (202.331.8105 x310)
About the program: Email Judy Tibbs or Abby Brown