S c h e d u l e
WEDNESDAY, oct. 21
Introduction to the Industry
Actuators—Hydraulic & Pneumatic
Exhibits Open (p.m.)
THURSDAY, oct. 22
Control Valves & Systems
Hands-on Instruction at the "Valve Petting Zoo”
FRIDAY, oct. 23
Critical Service Applications & Valves
Valve Data, Feedback & Asset Monitoring
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Valve Basics Seminar & Exhibits
DAYS 1 & 2: vaLVES, ACTUATORS & CONTROLS101
Day 3: valves, ACTUATORS & CONTROLS 201
OCT. 21-23, 2015
HYATT REGENCY RIVERWALK - SAN ANTONIO, TX
About the Program
More than 1,300 people have already attended VMA's highly rated Valve Basics Seminars. The Valves, Actuators & Controls 101 program began as a 1-day course and eventually was expanded to 2 days. And now, a Day 3 has been added to focus on more intermediate topics. We suggest newcomers to our program attend all three days, and those who have participated in previous Basics programs are invited to attend the third day, with all new programming.
We will continue to hold our popular "Valve Petting Zoo,” which provides a hands-on experience with the products covered during the course, as well as offer a tabletop exhibition during the afternoon hours of Day 1.
Who Should Attend?
This course was created specifically for newcomers to the industry so it is ideally suited for recent graduates and engineers in the early stages of their careers. The course also works well for:
- A variety of professionals employed at plants and facilities that use valves, actuators and controls
- More experienced professionals with knowledge of one specific product type but in need of an overview of the entire spectrum of valves, actuators and controls.
- New employees at valve, actuator and control companies
- Personnel from EPC or AEC firms who are involved with specifying valves
- Distributors and manufacturers' reps who sell these products
- Companies that provide supplies and services to the industry
- And anyone who could use a refresher course on valves, actuators and controls!
The Valve Basics course has also been well-received by upper-level mechanical engineering students who have attended previous seminars. Their participation is made possible by scholarships from our educational foundation, and we have set aside 10 slots at each seminar to help educate the next generation about the world of valves.
WHO SHOULD EXHIBIT?
- U.S. or Canadian companies that sell or provide services to valve, actuator and control manufacturers and end users of those products or services.
- Non-member manufacturers, suppliers and distributor/channel partners may register, but only if they are U.S. or Canadian based and would qualify for VMA or VRC membership.
If you are not sure whether your company qualifies, please contact Judy Tibbs before registering.
Attendee registration is open to all in the industry. Registration fees are as follows:
- Days 1, 2 & 3 (101 + 201 lessons): $1,150 ($1,095 for additional personnel from same company)
- Days 1 & 2 (101 lessons only): $795 ($750 for additional personnel from same company)
- Day 3 only (201 lessons only): $525 ($490 for additional personnel from the same company)
This fees above covers continental breakfasts, lunches, snack breaks and a late afternoon reception on the afternoon of Day 1, and the Valve Petting Zoo on Day 2. Attendees also receive a manual and earn a VMA Certificate of Completion for education credits.
Exhibitor registration is $625 for VMA/VRC members and $725 for non-members. The exhibit registration fee covers your table, attendee list, lunch, afternoon break and reception attendance, for two company representatives. The exhibition takes place during the afternoon hours Day 1. If you wish to register your representatives to attend the Valve Basics Seminar, you will receive a discount of $100 off the current attendee price.
This event will take place at the Hyatt Regency Riverwalk in San Antonio (123 Losoya Street,
San Antonio, TX 78205). Accommodations at the hotel have been arranged at the discounted conference rate of $179 per night + taxes. To make reservations, click on this link. For technical assistance dial 1.888.421.1442 and mention VMA Valve Basics.
The cut-off for making hotel reservations at the discounted rate is Sept. 29, 2015.
Registration Cancellation Policies
- Cancellations received up to 30 days before the event are refundable, minus a 5% registration service charge.
- Cancellations received between 15 and 29 days before the event are 75% refundable.
- Due to hotel and other event guarantees, cancellations received between 0 and 14 days prior to the day of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions can be made until Oct. 16.
All cancellations must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program content: Abby Brown
Registration: Malena Malone-Blevins