From exclusive VMA member meetings, one-of-a-kind networking opportunities and meaningful statistical reports, to reduced VALVE Magazine ad rates, free listings in various VMA publications and a members-only weekly e-newsletter, membership in VMA offers a variety of worthwhile benefits. In fact, our members regularly tell us the cost of their dues is more than covered through what they learn and the contacts they make by participating in VMA activities.
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
VMA's meetings and conferences provide an appropriate and ethical forum for industrial valve and actuator industry CEOs, presidents and senior executives to meet and exchange views on issues impacting on industry.
- The Valve Industry Leadership Forum is an exclusive gathering of company CEOs and presidents.This annual event is designed to give senior leaders the opportunity to discuss the impact of critical issues on the industry and to hear from key customers and market analysts.
- The Market Outlook Workshop is conducted each year to assist executives in forecasting the following year. Speakers from end-user industries make presentations and the Valve Demand Forecast is announced.
- The VMA Annual Meeting is the largest single gathering of valve and actuator industry leaders in North America. Key customers, Wall Street analysts, government leaders, and thought-provoking speakers from outside the industry bring a mix of fresh ideas and solid information to the program. This is balanced with a program of social activities, including golf, tennis and world-class entertainment.
- The Valve Basics Seminar & Exhibition is designed for newcomers to the valve industry -- from end users and A/Es, to distributors and sales personnel, and new hires at all companies that make or use valves and actuators. Education sessions provide training on valve, actuator and control basics, while a tabletop exhibition is open to all companies that would qualify for membership in the Valve Manufacturers Association or Valve Repair Council.
- The Technical Seminar & Exhibition is held annually to update those in the valve/actuator industry on the latest directives/technologies affecting their companies. This meeting is open to both VMA members and non-members where global experts share their technical expertise and suppliers to the valve/actuator industry exhibit their products. The Manufacturers Workshop & Tour brings to its attendees the latest in manufacturing trends and successes. Suitable for CEOs and shop employees alike, both attendees and presenters share their knowledge and challenges.
- The Finance Leaders Seminar is designed for the member company CFO, treasurer, financial manager, etc. Speakers will address topics such as pension plans, captive insurance programs, manufacturers’ tax credits, health plans, and the legislative picture
- The Valve Repair Meeting & Exhibition, sponsored by the Valve Repair Council, is held every other year to provide an opportunity for those in the valve maintenance, repair and service industry to learn more about issues of importance to their segment of the industry.
- The European Valve Federation Annual Meeting (CEIR) provides an opportunity to meet CEOs, presidents and senior executives from throughout the Continent.
Legal counsel is present at all major VMA meetings to ensure antitrust compliance.
- QuickRead is the association's weekly member-only newsletter—written to keep members informed on changes in the industry as well as the latest VMA events and services.
- VMA's exclusive Market Surveys are included as part of membership, to participating members only: Wage and Fringe Benefits Survey; Market Forecast of Industrial Valve Shipments; Salary Survey of Valve Industry Professionals; and Executive Compensation Survey.
- The Quarterly Economic Report—prepared exclusively for VMA by the Institute for Trend Research—is an added membership service included in dues. This comprehensive report provides general economic information as well detailed information on the end-user industries serviced by the VMA membership and forecasted trends for each of those industries.
- The Monthly Economic Report—the State of the Industry Survey—is an added membership service also included in dues. It provides current trend information on valve and actuator shipments and orders in the United States and Canada.
- VALVE Magazine: VMA's quarterly four-color magazine is a high-quality publication designed to help U.S. and Canadian valve, actuator and control manufacturers promote their products through exclusive reduced-rate advertising and a variety of editorial opportunities. The print circulation of VALVE Magazine is nearly 23,000, including 20,000-plus users, specifiers, buyers and distributors of industrial valves and actuators—your potential customers. Add in the magazine's digital edition readership (VALVEmagazine-digital.com) plus pass-along distribution, and your advertising message is seen by nearly 75,000 people!
VMA regular and associate members can advertise in the VALVE Magazine family of products at reduced rates. Contact Sue Partyke at 540.374.9100 for advertising information on both print and online communications, or click here to review VALVE Magazine's latest media planner.
- The magazine's popular website—VALVEmagazine.com—attracts more than 60,000 visitors a year. It expands the scope of the print magazine and provides daily news updates and website exclusive editorial content.
- VALVE eNews is sent bi-weekly to more than 9,000 industry professionals. In addition to offering the latest industry news and highlighting upcoming magazine and website editorial content, it also includes sponsored logos and products, banner advertising and links to white papers.
- The U.S. & Canadian Catalog of Valves serves as a comprehensive sourcebook of valve, actuator and control manufacturers. It is published biennially and has a distribution of more than 20,000 end users, specifiers and purchasers of industrial valves and actuators, across the country and around the world. VMA members who manufacture valves, actuators and controls are entitled to free quarter-page listings and reduced rates on display advertising.
- Valve Industry Buyers Guide: This rapidly growing online buyers guide lists dozens of product and service categories, and hundreds of companies. We help VMA and VRC members stand out from the crowd by including a logo next to their company listings. Contact 888-777-6578 or visit ValveIndustryBuyersGuide.com to get your free or enhanced listing.
- VMA.org: Every month, VMA's website is accessed by thousands of end users, specifiers, purchasers and others interested in learning more about VMA members and the industrial valve industry. The VMA.org home page offers a one-click link to a listing of all VMA member companies, which features live links to member websites.
- Two online Product Finders on VMA.org are available for VMA members only—one focusing on manufacturers of valves, actuators and controls and the other on VMA associate members, who are suppliers or distributors of products and services used by manufacturing members. All members are automatically included in this listing at no cost when they complete a company profile in the VMA database.
VMA's Government Relations activities allow members to get the industry's message to key congressional, administration, and agency decision makers in Washington, DC.
Members can use VMA’s international contacts to reach potential customers, sources and partners around the world.